My Mohawk turned a year old the other day.
These are 10 things I've learned in that year.
1. Even though it seems totally obvious, it took me a month to remember that after getting out of the shower it's easier if I put my shirt on first before styling it.
2. Like cat whiskers, it's kept me from banging my head on low-hanging door frames more than once.
3. The only hair gel I've found in Argentina that works is appropriately named "L'Oréal Studio Indestructible".
4. Old guys seem more scared of it than old ladies.
5. It does not fit well in the backseat of most taxi cabs in Buenos Aires.
6. It does not help keep my head warm during the winter.
7. It's name is Apollo Creed. (no legitimate reasoning behind that. It just feels right.)
8. After a year, Apollo's shadow still makes me laugh when I randomly see it on the wall next to me.
9. It helps to have a best friend who's a rockstar at trimming it.
10. For the first time in my life I blow dry my hair...and I'm ok with that.
Currently Listening To:
Song: On The Other Side (listen)
Artist: The Strokes (official site)
The Places In Between
by Rory Stewart